Jack Fritz Pentathlon-This Sunday January 23rd
There will be a Celebration of Life for our first club president, Glen Peterson on Saturday March 19 at 5:00 p.m. at the Roadrunner Grill. This is a hosted event with a buffet. So bring your stories and remembrances of Glen to share the wonderful times we all had with him.
For all of us that relish the time we have to swim at our own pace and get lost in our swimming, the club has set aside several days and times just of us.
So call up all of the clubmates that you love to swim with and head on over to the pool !
Monday, Wednesday, Friday-7:00-8:30 and 9:50-11:00
Sun. 7-8:15 & 8:20-9:3
Free training to residents of the fire district. We should all be trained in CPR and the use of the AED units found throughout Saddlebrooke. You might be the only hope a friend or loved one has.
Happy New Year everyone!
Let’s start 2022 strong and get everyone back in the water and swimming! My suggestion for you might be:
Resolution #1 – show up at practice!
Resolution #2 - get in better shape!
Coach Terry has done an incredible job of organizing the workouts so that they are a fit for anyone, no matter the ability. We even have the option of adding more workouts if the current ones become too full –wouldn’t that be awesome! If we haven’t seen you in a while, consider coming back for one practice a week to start! Baby steps! The hardest part is showing up! We miss the fun and comradery of everyone. Check out our website: Saddlebrookeswimclub.org for all the latest practice and coaching schedules. Terry is also including some clinics for specific stroke work.
1. Membership: We currently have 104 members.
2. Meets: You just received an email with the meet updates.
a. We hope everyone signs up for the fun events like the 2nd annual Jack Fritz Pentathlon on January 23. It is a great fun event. If you cannot make the actual day, talk to your coach about timing you during a practice and submitting your times to Lyn. Also, if you can time, please contact Joan Pierce. Sign-ups are free and easy, just email or talk to Lyn and let her know what events you want to swim; email@example.com
b. The long Distance Meet is available for registration on USMS. Dates are February 19-20, 2022. Mark your calendars. We are hosting it, so we need workers as well as swimmers.
c. The State Championships on April 9-10 is already on USMS. If you want to swim the distance events, sign up early because it is limited to the first 24 swimmers in those events that sign up. We are also hosting this meet, so will need workers as well as swimmers.
d. The All Club inter-squad fun meet and lunch is scheduled for March 26. This is a fun event with a variety of swims from 25’s to 100’s. All swimmers; competitive, fitness and recreational are included in this fun event.
3. Stop by our table at the Activity Fair on Saturday morning, January 22.
4. Check out the website, there is information on upcoming CPR classes through the fire department.
5. There will be a celebration of life on Saturday March 19, 2022 5pm at the Road Runner Grill for our first club President: Glen Peterson. More details will follow.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Your Swim Club board met on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 and discussed plans for the coming year. Some of the highlights include:
Planning the 2nd annual Jack Fritz Pentathlon: January 23, 2022 8:30am Information sent in a separate email. Sign up with Lyn: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to January 20th.
Update on the Emergency Plan: The board has developed a 5 step emergency plan to increase our readiness to handle any emergency at the pool: The plan and where we are at:
1. Sent a letter to the HOA board requesting that a backboard and AED machine be placed on the pool deck. Result: HOA has installed an AED machine across from the pool restrooms. We are still waiting on the backboard.
2. Provide training in CPR and AED usage for all interested members in the near future.
Result: We are still working on providing a CPR class to the Club members; however, there is information on our website about free classes through the fire department.
3. Place signage at the pool that will remind everyone of steps to take in an emergency and the location of all safety equipment. Result: being developed.
4. Maintain and update safety equipment at the pool and generate a list of emergency contacts for every club member that will be kept at the pool. Result: there is a contact list in the back pack with two large beach towels and protective gloves hanging by the first aid kit in the store room.
5. Remind all club members to have an annual health assessment and keep coaches informed of any concerns. Result: continual focus.
Creation of programs that will include more of our “fitness swimmers”
Steve Truesdale is taking the leadership to organize a committee to plan and provide a program for our Club’s fitness swimmers. He is looking for volunteers to help with ideas that will expand the fitness and recreational aspects of our Club and to recognize the many accomplishments our Fitness Swimmers achieve.
Element 3 – We have an opportunity to earn money for the club if you are a member of United HealthCare. Watch for more information to come about signing up. The way it works is that the club will receive $1.00 for every practice you attend up $10.00 a month.
Did you Know? And Thank Yous!
Saddlebrooke Swim Club won the State Short Course meters Championships held in Mesa in November. The best part was feeling the Saddlebrooke team spirit that has carried us to victory over and over again. It took every swimmer, swimming to the best of their ability to win this meet! Congratulations to every swimmer that swam and every Club member that supported us! It takes everyone!
· We encourage all club members to join USMS for a many reasons, some of which include: informative Swimmer’s Magazine; access to current swim information: on nutrition, technique, discounts; fitness and competitive events, and workout samples. Yearly USMS dues is $60.00. More information at USMS.org.
See you at the pool! Your SaddleBrooke Swim Club Board
(President: Lyn Moreno, VP: Steve Truesdale, Secretary: Rick Vieth, Treasurer: Joan Pierce, Past Presidents: Phil Simpson and Jack Allison)
State Champs for 2018
“Members: Membership shall be open to any person who is a resident in good standing of SaddleBrooke, including renters. “
Multiple National Champions as well as many All-Americans
Coaching Five Days per Week. As much or as little as you prefer. There are sessions for all levels, from competition to fitness.
Drop in to a practice and join in the fun.
Or use the contact form below to get ahold of us via email.
OPEN TO ALL SADDLEBROOKE RESIDENTS, RENTERS AND GUESTS
See you at the pool!!
39900 S Clubhouse Dr, Tucson, Arizona 85739, United States