More swim meets are available for those who would like to compete on their own this summer and fall.
· Prescott Senior Olympics Swim Meet will be held on Sunday August 15 at the Prescott YMCA swimming pool from 11:00-3:00 (warm-ups at 10:30). The entry deadline if you want to order a polo shirt is July 9. The entry deadline if you just want to enter the swim meet is Monday, August 9. A booklet is available on the web site: www.prescott-az.gov/services/parks/sr_olympics. The contact number is 928-777-1122, ext. 0.
· Flagstaff Senior Games swim meet is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, October 10 in an indoor pool. More information will become available during the summer. The web site is www.flagstaff.az.gov. The contact person is Matt Faull (928-774-1068)
· The four USMS meets in the State are listed on the Arizona LMSC web site under “Events.” It is the season for meets in 50 meter pools, AKA long course meter pools. The web site for details on these meets is: www.azlmsc.org. You must be a member of USMS in order to swim in these meets. You may join on the web site.
“Technical suits” are an option for competition swim wear. Some of you have asked about them. So I have attached some information about where you can try them on and/or where you can get them. The rules for competition swimwear in any USMS sanctioned meet are the same as those stated by FINA. The new rules, effective June 2010, are attached. They can also be found on the US Master Swim web site (www.usms.org ) in the “Rule Book.” Most swim catalogues, web sites and swim shops identify FINA approved technical suits. These suits are not usually worn for practice as they are relatively expensive and not as durable as practice suits. (See the attachments for more details)
· The new Swim Club web site is up and working- www.saddlebrookeswimclub.org.
· Starting in early June there will be posted workouts at the pool side.
Have a great summer!